Tower Hamlets Wheelers Meeting March 2011
TOWER HAMLETS WHEELERS Monthly Meeting Minutes Wednesday, 9 March 2011 7.30pm Held at St Margaret's House, 21 Old Ford Road. PRESENT: Rob (Co-ordinator), Dave A (Treasurer), Owen (Secretary), Caroline (Rides), Keith (Events), Gerry (Special Projects) Steve, Ian, Richard, Bob, Alex, Rob (LBTH) APOLOGIES: David T (Chair) CHAIR: Steve MINUTES: Owen 1. Introductions Rob, LBTH Sustainable Transport Officer introduced himself. Mainly working on Cycle Superhighway complimentary measures including new cycle parking in estates. Bid recently submitted by LBTH for CS2 (Aldgate-Bow) measures. 2. Finance bikehike.co.uk donation declined! 3. Rides Caroline's appeal for ride leaders has found a few more volunteers. More charity ride leader/back markers volunteers on 2 April needed. 4. Workshop & workshop training Next one is on 26 March, the final one that will be on the last Saturday of the month. Workshop training - completion certificates ready to distributed. Keith has investigated any further training possibilities but it would seem we have exhausted what is available unless longer courses and more money is spent. 5. AGM ACTION: Owen to organise. 6. Movers & Shakers Project Contacts list just about ready. Cycling information pack being produced by Alix. Producing leaflet based on old LCC "Cycling is easier than you think" theme. Copy needs updating and "Wheelerising". Video making - Steve and Leigh have said they can help with this. Deadline to have all materials together set for 25 March. ACTION: Dave to deal with invoice. ACTION: Owen and Caroline to look at leaflet copy. ACTION: Rob to organise first video session with Steve and Leigh and anyone else. ACTION: Dave to find out about using the Ecology Centre for launch event. ACTION: Rob to continue liaising with Alix. 7. LIP consultation Consultation workshop 24 March 10.30am at Anchorage House, Gerry and Owen can probably attend for some of it. Submission deadline end of March. ACTION: Deadline for notes to be sent to Owen by 13 March. ACTION: Gerry to contact Tom/Gehard at LCC about targets. 8. CS3/Narrow Street Discussion on developments ACTION: Gerry to write to Jim Fitzpatrick MP and Mayor Rah to ask their position. LCN route through Dundee Wharf - propose to have it re-routed along Three Colt Street. ACTION: Gerry to contact LBTH/Dundee Wharf. 9. Westferry/Canary Riverside path Request to investigate further when this route might be reopened... ACTION: Dave A to contact Canary Wharf Management Group again. 10. Newsletter Deadline ??? 11. AOB Arnold Circus - Keith has been in contact, event set for Sunday, 17 July. Meeting ended at 9.01pm.