Tower Hamlets Wheelers Monthly Meeting January 2016
Wheelers meeting 13/01/16
Present – Owen, Caroline, David T, Terry, Julie, Christy, Rob, Mark Peters
Apologies – Dave, Keith, Richard, Helen
1. Matters arising
• Facebook – need to post regularly to ensure posts go to newsfeeds, could we do it through LCC central? Request from Helen to send photos etc so she can post more often.
• Harassment/bullying policy – correction made to previous minutes - was already in hand, should be published in next 1-2 months
• CS3 Rotherhithe tunnel land, now allocated to community forum
• CS2 – David T had no response from SNT
• Small measures – Terry did not get response so will do FOI if necessary
2. Terry to follow up regarding comments related to Wheelers when strategy discussed at cabinet meeting
3. LCC Mayoralty campaign “sign for cycling” to be launched with 3 main asks. Volunteers needed centrally/locally. Can we try to get contact with any potential local volunteers via Engaging Networks in a new year newsletter? Also need to think about what we would propose for a mini-Holland as this is an ask. Suggest we check with strategy/ward asks, possible options are Roman Road or Bethnal Green Road.
4. History Event at Tower Hamlets Cemetery Park – THW will have a stand, this is being actioned by Keith and Gerry.
5. Workshop - tagging/signing in system by David T available. Need a printed copy of the Ts&Cs for people to view when signing in. New tarpaulin to be purchased (CF). Rob to manage keys for January workshop. Consider adding something regarding photos on signing in sheet/Ts&Cs.
6. Ride leader training/rides – Richard requested to pass on essentials from training to other previous leaders. Brighton ride to be run under LCC cover but not further advertised (action CF). Hackney training not yet confirmed – option to take up individual places on LCC central course if preferred. Terry wants to do Romance Ride on 28/02/16.
7. Request Helen to check timetable for newsletters, and propose internal deadline which allows review time.
8. Next Borough Group Forum will be on 18/02/16 or 25/02/16. Owen/David can attend on 18/02 and Terry/Owen on 25/02.
9. Committee job descriptions – various views on this including considerations of whether it is better to nominate a lead person on a topic and they then deal with different aspects, rather than having specific task based roles. However if we did take this approach knowledge transfer and mentoring become very important and can take up a lot of time. Suggest some discussion on committee e-mail group, action on all to define what they currently do, and what they can do/like to do.
10. Name of group – ask for views please. Suggest a vote
11. AOB – AGM – April, needs bigger venue, ideally April 13/04/16. DT to check with Harford St centre, Terry to check residents room. Also check St Margarets availability and rates (CF). Suggestions for guest speaker –action all. Suggestions - air quality, CS2 related, Brian Deegan.