Tower Hamlets Wheelers Meeting February 2011
TOWER HAMLETS WHEELERS Monthly Meeting Minutes Wednesday, 9 February 2011 7.30pm Held at St Margaret's House, 21 Old Ford Road. PRESENT: Rob (Co-ordinator), Dave A (Treasurer), Owen (Secretary), David T (Chair), Caroline (Rides), Keith (Events), Gerry (Special Projects) Steve, Neville, Ian APOLOGIES: None CHAIR: David T MINUTES: Owen 1. Local Group welcome packs New LCC members receive a welcome pack and LCC has asked for some text to include from each relevant borough group. What's in the pack already? We would like to also contact new members via email. ACTION: Dave A & Owen to organise. 2. Rides Caroline would like to try and recruit more ride leaders, will email group/contacts. Caroline suggests forming an east London ride group with Hackney and Newham to liaise with ride dates. Keith says that he is up for running evening rides again during the summer. Caroline has committed to opening up a ride on 2 April to the FHM Trust to use as their sponsored ride. It is noted that Southwark Cyclists have stolen a ride theme of ours for there own, namely the bike cafe ride, grumble, grumble. Steve mentions he is planning on taking part in several long Audaxes this year. He is willing to advertise them to the group to those who would like a longer distance challenge. ACTION: Caroline to try and recruit ride leaders. ACTION: Caroline to contact Hackney and Newham about a ride's group. 3. Finance New bank signatories have now been authorised. More forms need to be filled in to complete the online access. ACTION: Dave A to continue sorting out. 4. Workshop & workshop training Another level 2 training session has taken place at Bikeworks. Those attended enjoyed it and learnt plenty but again felt there is a lack of hands-on experience on the day. Keith suggests a concluding session could be a test. Gail has written some good notes and made a leaflet that will be incorporated into the workshop information folder. ACTION: Keith to push for more hands-on and also for attendence certificates. Next workshop is on 26 February. Has been agreed starting from April that the workshop will be held on the third Saturday of the month. ACTION: Owen to inform London Cyclist of the date change. 5. LIP consultation Deadline to respond to LBTH's LIP (Local Implementation Plan) is 31 March. Agreed to split up the review of the document as follows: Gerry 1-20, Ian 21-40, Caroline 41-60, Steve 61-80, Dave A 81-100, Neville 101-120, Owen 121-140, Rob 141- ACTION: All to review their pages before March's meeting. 6. Movers & Shakers Project Rob liaising with Alix (Transport Initiatives). Meeting set up for Saturday, 12 Feb to progress. ACTION: Rob to circulate project plan. ACTION: Owen to start a section website. 7. AGM Agree to hold on 13 April. Invite to give a presentation: Sam Margolis, LBTH Laktar Ghulal, Tower Hamlets Cycling Club Suggest to invite: all LCC Community Project leaders, Gerhard (LCC), Living Streets contact. ACTION: Owen to invite speakers and other attendees. 8. Strategy Evaluation David T proposes to revisit the process of the strategy workshop held a couple of years ago. Would like to revaluate our activities to XXX. He is putting together a document. Rob would like us to focus on one or two campaigns a year. ACTION: David T to complete and circulate his document. 9. Volunteer Rangers Project Session held before this meeting reviewing the rangers project run by consultants reporting back to LBTH. More visibility, accountability and feedback. Increase communication between the rangers. 10. AOB Keith has attempted to arrange a visit to the Cycle Hire workshop. No joy though unless it's held an afternoon and maximum of 5 people. Steve informs of deadline for Cycle Superhighway complimentary measures funding at the end of February. Cycle Superhighways, CS2 & CS3 randomly discussed. Caroline suggests giving a donation to route mapping site bikehike.co.uk as has been heavily used over the last few years when planning rides - all agreed £50. Meeting ended at 9.20pm.