October 2015 Meeting
Wheelers meeting 14/10/15
Attendees – Caroline, Dave A, Terry, Richard, Keith, Julie, Christy
Apologies – Owen, David T, Gerry
1. Feedback from meeting from police
Police had wanted to talk about cycle safety not 20mph. Apparently police have no resource to do anything about the limit, except talking to those pulled up for another offence. Have said we can report near misses – Owen to create a form for people to capture this data. Suggested we can write to MP + mayors (TH + London), also useful go to safer neighbourhood team (SNT) meetings. Operation Safeway info given – has now been circulated to mailing list. Another meeting pencilled in for November after Operation Safeway results. Can we investigate neighbourhood speed check, also we could monitor a speed detection camera? (eg Westferry Road).
ACTION: All encouraged to find out about SNT meetings and attend if possible (Post meeting note – details are here http://content.met.police.uk/Page/TeamFinder?scope_id=1257246764348)
ACTION: Identify suitable speed camera to observe (Terry?)
ACTION: Anyone interested to follow up on community speedwatch (see http://www.ourwatch.org.uk/uploads/pub_res/Speed_Watch.pdf)
2. Cycle theft initiative
Agreed we should invite the police representative to our next monthly meeting or to the workshop to discuss (her choice depending on what suits best).
ACTION: Caroline to reply
3. Silvertown tunnel
LCC motion submitted for opposition, also attention drawn to video produced by no to tunnel group. Can we support them as a group? Do we need special meeting to draw up a group response?
ACTION: Gerry to co-ordinate including LCC motion
4. Council strategy
Need to review – but can we ask for extra time? Say 1-2 weeks. Check against previous document, does it include design standards, space for cycling? Extra meeting 21/10/15. Venue Town Hall?
ACTION: Caroline/Owen to arrange meeting
5. Council meetings
Now deferred to 21 Oct
ACTION: Gerry/Owen to attend
Terry’s ride in November. We missed the opportunity to attend ride leader training with Hackney (in the end they cancelled due to lack of support but we did not manage to circulate news of the vacancies in time)
ACTION: Caroline to write to Hackney rides co-ordinator to say we would potentially be interested in a joint session if they re-arrange it.
Alternative venue booked for October, enough helpers. Meet at TH at 10.00 to take tools and equipment with Christiania and trailer.
Gerry is getting route details, also checking old LCN routes
ACTIONS: Gerry to organise a ride to familiarise people with the proposed route, also to organise separate meeting with council (not in normal routine meeting) and put LCN info on Engineering List
9. What to do in the event of an accident? How to get recompense? ACTION: Keith to follow up.
10. Gerry doing CLOS level 2 training
11. Money from Sky ride led ride – will be used to fund Christiania refurbishment. ACTION: Keith to submit receipts
12. Terry has submitted a proposal regarding binding LCC policy (as per David T’s suggestion) to be tabled at the AGM, also on LCC issues list for discussion.