Tower Hamlets Wheelers meeting minutes June 2015
Present: Owen, Alex, Wale, Lida, Caroline, Julie, Mr Jones
Apologies: Dave, David, Helen, Gerry
Introductions and welcome to new attendees.
1. Events and Rides (new ways of working) Concern about publicising, how to blank a ride so not shown but is registered. Mr Jones says there is a way to do it – Caroline to check.
DBS – should not be necessary, Gerry is already taking this up with LCC. Still waiting for clarification from LCC on all the details of the new way of working. In the meantime committee authorised Alex to organise a ride.
Event entries on LCC website to only be done by Owen and Caroline for now.
2. Specific events
2.1 Bike breakfast 16/06/15 – Keith, Owen, Terry, more help wanted (Owen to e-mail) Also Owen to publicise. Police attending for bike marking. Bikeworks to come along.
2.2 Ride 17/06/15 evening. Richard to help?
2.3 Park Life 20/06/15 – same day as workshop. Decision not to have the workshop at the event and not to try to cover both
2.4 Limefest 05/07/15 – Agreed to attend this. Keith to sort, Terry available on the day (afternoon only)
2.5 Glamour ride – no date agreed yet, Owen to send out a doodle poll for committee. Suggest slightly different format with earlier start on a Saturday, ride a loop and finish back in TH eg at Palm Tree. Alex offered to follow up on getting permission to use Coin Street garden if necessary.
3. Mayoral Election 8 out of 10 replied, good news is that all have committed to meet with us. Helen to e-mail a follow up at weekend with answers from successful candidate
4. LBTH meeting Meeting on 17/06/15 afternoon, Gerry and Owen to attend, would be useful to get a third person to attend, to make notes etc but no-one present was available. Two agenda items from us: • Possible related works money related to superhighway – would like to be consulted • Ask council how they measure effectiveness (see CloS training item)
5. 20mph Terry gave update – has now received something back from police and will try to get a face to face meeting. Would welcome others going along. Caroline reported some signs and 20 symbols on roads now appearing on Isle of Dogs. Terry requested pictures of any signs etc
6. CLoS training Alex reported that there is currently plenty of space on this course – so David T should be able to go along
7. Hackney conference feedback Attended by Wale, David and Gerry. Also Strawbales sessions attended by Gerry, Keith, and Wale. Wale to provide detailed written feedback. Julie to supply info on an open source modelling tool used in France.
8. Committee posts Ride co-ordinator and treasurer being covered on an acting basis. Richard would be prepared to take over Treasurer. Caroline/Owen to check how to proceed on this.
9. Strategy feedback Switchover from Yahoo mail group to a more interactive tool. Alex to do demo at next meeting.
10. AOB Mr Jones to send out formal e-mail regarding recruitment of marshals for Ride London feeder.
Christiania – nearly ready.
BG Forum - Caroline to reply to Amy to say we’ll send one or two people once date is known rather than fill in the doodle poll.
Mr Jones wants to create mini kits of tools for workshop – costs etc to be investigated.