Local Elections Campaign 2014
At the Local Elections in London in May 2014, we are joining in with other London Cycling Campaign (LCC) borough groups to make sure that cycling features on the agenda of incoming ward councillors. We will be calling on candidates across our borough wards to support pro-cycling policies and measures.
Have your say - get involved! There's lots to do, contact us to join in and help out.
- SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOLS
- We call on local election candidates to take action to ensure that children are able to cycle to school in safety.
- AREAS WITHOUT THROUGH MOTOR TRAFFIC
- We call on London local election candidates to turn residential streets into safe spaces for cycling and walking, by creating ‘streets without through motor traffic’.
- PROTECTED SPACE ON MAIN ROADS
- We call on London local election candidates to commit to providing high quality, protected space for cycling on main roads.
- We call on London local election candidates to commit to complete, improve, and expand London's Greenway network, a vital resource for all ability walking and cycling.
- 20mph SPEED LIMITS
- We call on London local election candidates to save lives by reducing speeds where people live, work, play, shop and cycle.
- LIVEABLE TOWN CENTRES
- We call on London local election candidates to implement measures to create more liveable high streets, prioritising places for people, walking and cycling.
LCC carried out an online survey in December 2013 to get an initial set of data to work with. Our discussions at the 12 February meeting will add to this data and finalise an "ask" for each ward plus an overall "ask" to be directed at the borough's Mayor.